November 11, 2014

Hulk's fist cake tutorial

I've made a few of those super hero cakes with Hulk's fist.





I've used rice crispy treats for making the fist.
I followed this recipe, you can use your favourite one.


Put 200g of marshmallow in a bowl (use white, I could find only those coloured)


Add 50g of butter


Melt it in a microwave. 



Now you see why it's better to use white marshmallow, this doesn't look very nice...

Add 160g rice crispy and stir until well coated.











Leave it to cool slightly, then mold it.
It's very sticky so grease your hand and working surface. 

I've used my fist as a model. First, model a base for fist.





Add fingers.



Then add thumb and leave it to harden.
Cover with buttercream.




Cover with green fondant. I've mixed moss green and leaf green gel colour.



Using fondant tools make your fist more realistic.




Use round cutter to make nails.





Using brush add moss green gel colour, in all cracks and dents.  







While still wet, use paper towel soaked with alcohol and wipe the excess. The colour will remain in the dents.



Do this part, by part so it doesn't dry too much.


And here it is on the cake. 
I'll share Spiderman figure tutorial, and tutorial for covering this cake soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment